Duties and Tasks:
· Teach 8 classes per year;
· Advise and mentor students;
· Engage in curriculum development;
· Support recruiting efforts;
· Demonstrate professional development
· Undertake community service in keeping with the school’s Benedictine values;
· Ability to teach traditional and non-traditional age students in non-traditional settings; and
· Demonstrate comfort with teaching-related technology.
· May perform other related tasks as assigned by the Department Chair, Dean and/or Vice President for Academic Affairs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must possess an earned doctorate in psychology from a regionally accredited institution
· Area of specialization is open.
· Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate students
· Demonstrated experience teaching non-traditional student populations.
· Knowledge of the online instructional environment is preferred
· Evidence or promise of professional development and scholarly research
In addition to your curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts and all final full-time faculty candidates
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Full-time faculty positions are pending final budget approval prior to start of the academic year
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.