Copyright, Privacy, and Legal Notices and Disclaimers for the teachpsych.org Domain
Copyright in this web site is owned by APA Division 2, Society for the Teaching of Psychology. Copyright in individual articles and similar items are generally owned by the author(s), except as otherwise noted. You may review the materials in this site for information purposes and may download and print ONE copy of the materials for your own personal use, including use in your classes and/or sharing with individual colleagues. No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, or distribute additional copies of these materials. Anyone who wishes to print, copy, reproduce or distribute additional copies must obtain the permission of the copyright owner.
PsychTeacher™, teachpsych.org, and their associated graphics (including a red apple with green leaves and a superimposed Greek letter PSI) are registered or unregistered trademarks and service marks of APA Division 2, Society for the Teaching of Psychology (STP) for the distribution of educational, instructional, and other information by all means of printed, electronic and/or digital encoding, storage, retrieval, and transmission. They may not be used without the express written consent of STP.
Some browsers may be concerned about how this site treats their privacy. The principles and policies below respond to these concerns:
- This site gathers usage statistics for many pages on the teachpsych.org server. We do this in order to get a better sense of how we are serving teachers of psychology and to identify areas of particular interest by browsers.
- The site analyzer software uses "cookies" to keep track of individual users who return to the site for renewed visits. A "cookie" is a small file which is put into the "cookie" folder of your browser. It usually contains both an identification number and an expiration date. It can be accessed only by the Internet site which placed it there. The identification number allows our site analyzer to recognize that your computer has accessed this site previously. It gives us summary statistics of total versus unique visitors to our pages. However, the site analyzer cannot learn anything else about your computer and its contents. Cookies are widely used by almost all commercial and other service organizations on the Net (e.g., the New York Times and the American Psychological Association use "cookies" to recognize returning registered users.). You may choose to reject a "cookie" and the Preferences menu of your browser permits you to reject and/or delete cookies permanently or on a case-by-case basis.
- The site analysis software does identify individual IP addresses. For most users on college, university, or commercial internet provider systems, IP addresses are dynamically changing all the time as the system allocates resources among users minute-by-minute. Hence, for almost all users, we are able to identify only the school or commercial internet service provider who contacted us, not the individual computer which made the contact.
- Maintenance of this site is time consuming and there is absolutely no reason for us to be interested in which individuals may be accessing our resources. Hence, we maintain no records about even that small number of individual IP addresses which theoretically might identify individual users via the site analyzer.
- Since we cannot (and do not wish to) maintain records of individual users of this site, it is also true that we have nothing to share with any other organization about who is visiting us. There are no lists of users to sell.
- If you have any questions about your privacy on this site, please feel free to contact the STP Internet Editor.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANDISABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SOCIETY FOR THE TEACHING OF PSYCHOLOGY (SOCIETY), THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA), OR LE MOYNE COLLEGE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR WITH ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE SOCIETY, APA OR LE MOYNE COLLEGE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Third Party Links
This site contains links to Internet sites that are not maintained by the Society or APA. Neither the Society nor APA is responsible for the content of those sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injuries arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as a convenience to the users of this web site and does not imply the Division's or APA's endorsement of the linked sites.
Notice regarding materials posted here and the American Psychological Association
Inclusion of materials online at this web site does not thereby constitute an official endorsement of those materials by the American Psychological Association (APA) and should not be represented in any fashion whether direct or indirect which states or implies such an endorsement.
Support for site hosting is provided by the APA Education Directorate.