STP’s International Twitter Poster Conference (ITPC)
#stp17poster and #stp17thread
- Poster topics should relate to the teaching of psychology, including teaching tips, teaching activities, and SoTL projects.
- Posters must be tweeted with the hashtag #stp17poster.
- We strongly encourage you to make an image specifically for Twitter. One option is to save a PowerPoint slide as a .jpeg file and post the .jpeg file on Twitter. Images on Twitter work best when they are twice as wide as they are tall, and you will likely want fewer words than a conference poster with larger font. We encourage you to test it out before the conference. See http://tinyurl.com/testposter for an example of fonts.
Conference Conversations – New This Year!
- Interested in being a part of the conference and a conversation about teaching psychology and SoTL in psychology? You can post longer conversations (with or without a poster) with the hashtag #stp17thread. You could discuss a new project from your lab, your musings about teaching psychology, or anything related to the teaching of psychology.
November 1 and November 2
- Participants can tweet posters between 12:01am UTC November 1 and 11:59pm UTC on November 2.
- UTC is Universal Coordinated Time.
- Use http://tinyurl.com/ITPCstart to find out when that will be in your time zone by following the link and using the pull-down menu to find your country and state/region (if applicable).
- The ITPC committee will award prizes of STP membership to the posters with the highest number of re-tweets, which will be counted on November 8. To be eligible for the prize, the tweet with the poster must 1) have the #stp17poster hashtag, 2) be tweeted during the official times of the conference, and 2) only be tweeted once from one Twitter account during the 48 hours of the conference.