New Mexico State University invites applications for the position of Head of the Department of Psychology starting July 1, 2022. NMSU is the nation’s only Land Grant institution that is also classified as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and a Carnegie High Research Activity Institution. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Psychology or a closely related field, have attained the rank of Professor, have a history of securing extramural funding, and be able to teach one or more courses in the undergraduate or graduate program. Previous administrative experience is desirable but not required, as is experience at an HSI/MSI. Research area is open, although candidates with demonstrated connections to our expertise in social, cognitive, and/or engineering psychology are preferred. Explicit statements about how the candidate will address NMSU’s LEADS 2025 Strategic Plan are strongly encouraged.
We seek a department head who will:
· Build our undergraduate and graduate programs, including career tracks within and outside of academia.
· Foster productive research within the department including increasing efforts to secure extramural funding
· Lead the department in recruiting and retaining faculty, staff, and students, especially those from historically under-represented groups
· Lead the department in achieving and expanding upon our equity and inclusion goals
· Value collegiality, shared governance, and service to the department, university, discipline, and community.
NMSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. To ensure full consideration of your application, submit your online application with all required materials by October 1, 2021 via https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/42489